Re: fetchmail 5.9.8 and maildrop 1.3.7

Jason,

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 11:03:32AM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> If you run under Win2K (and possibly WinXP), you may want to see the
> following to save yourself some grief:
>
>     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-08/msg00628.html
>
> However, so far no one else seems to have noticed this problem.

I was under the impression that recv() bugs had been twiddled in 1.3.10... Or did the changes in recv() not address MSG_PEEK?

I did not notice any corruption issues with my fetchmail build - but then, I did not transfer much more than a few megs of mail (around 25MB, I think).

> If you are having problems with maildrop, then I suggest trying procmail.
> I have been using the fetchmail/procmail/mutt combination very successfully
> under Cygwin for some time now.

Well, the reason I tried maildrop was that, after searching the mailing list (and I do recall finding the message you refer to, for instance), I found that you had to install BIND to build procmail. I also like the Courier suite, and intend to have a go at it later. :)

I'm also not entirely sure that fetchmail is not the one inserting (or handing over, or whatever) the extra blank line upon mailbox creation (appends work fine...). I'll have to check later.

Anyway, if you've been using fetchmail + procmail since September, what's keeping it from being added to the packages list? :) Is it the BIND issue?

(I'd be glad to lend a hand, mind you...)

Rui Carmo