sunRPC on V1.3.x

Hello,

    I use Cygwin 1.3.10-1 on NT4.0 and I tried to use sunRPC.
I found the Corinna's port for B20.
On my box, this port seems to have problem :
With the binaries.tar.gz : portmap didn't stay alive and rpcinfo complains
about "enable to receive"
With the sources.tar.gz : portmap exit on an error on a select, if I replace
the first arg with a 0, it stay alive. rpcinfo didn't complains but it enter
in a infinite loop in xdrrec_getbytes (rpc/xdr_rec.c) :

current is always null

 while (len > 0) {
  current = rstrm->fbtbc;
  if (current == 0) {
   if (rstrm->last_frag)
    return (FALSE);
   if (! set_input_fragment(rstrm))
    return (FALSE);
   continue;
  }
  current = (len < current) ? len : current;
  if (! get_input_bytes(rstrm, addr, current))
   return (FALSE);
  addr += current;
  rstrm->fbtbc -= current;
  len -= current;
 }

And this by asking to the local portmap or to a remote (a Solaris).

portmap.exe accept the connection from the remote host but don't get a
reply.

1) Have you an idea why ?
2) Why sunRPC is not distributed with cygwin ?

Thank you,

    Stephane