Re: Enviroment always uppercased; Help me, please

"Markus K. E. Kommant" wrote:

> Really???
>
> > Don't start the program from a non cygwin program.
>
> I am using Windows 2000/NT operating system as the base for my cygwin
> programs and not DOS and not Linux.
>
> Do anyone know a good trick to use POSIX Environment (or simply real Windows
> Environment) without the cygwin-DOS changes.
>
> Hopefully waiting for help, without real POSIX I have to look for another
> programming base, instead of cygwin...
>
> Probably there has anybody build an own cygwin1.dll with POSIX Environment
> on Windows???
>
> Markus

I don't know what you're asking for. Cygwin does provide case sensitive
environment variables.

In a cmd.exe window:

	C:\>set env_var=lowercase
	C:\>set
	[...]
	env_var=lowercase
	[...]
	C:\>set ENV_VAR=UPPERCASE
	C:\>set
	[...]
	env_var=UPPERCASE
	[...]
	C:\>cygwin
	$ set | grep -i env_var
	ENV_VAR=UPPERCASE
	$ logout
	C:\cygwin\bin>exit

And in cygwin's bash:
	$ env_var=lowercase
	$ ENV_VAR=UPPERCASE
	$ set | grep -i env_var
	ENV_VAR=UPPERCASE
	env_var=lowercase
	$ bash
	$ set | grep -i env_var
	$ exit
	$ export env_var ENV_VAR
	$ bash
	$ set | grep -i env_var
	ENV_VAR=UPPERCASE
	env_var=lowercase
	$ exit
	$ cmd.exe
	Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
	(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

	C:\>set
	[...]
	ENV_VAR=UPPERCASE
	[...]
	env_var=lowercase
	[...]

As cfg said: "Don't start the program from a non cygwin program"

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn