Re: Avail for test: gdbm-1.8.0-4

Are there any objections if I remove the 'test' designation from
gdbm-1.8.0-4 and make it 'current'?  Has anybody tested this package?
I'd especially like a response from the following folks, who have
previously reported difficulties with gdbm:

Godefroid Chapelle -- gdbm, python
Jeff Lu -- ???
David Cobb -- xemacs

Specifically: verify that the new version "does no harm" -- that is:

   a) previously compiled, dynamically linked programs that use
cyggdbm.dll continue to work when you replace gdbm-1.8.0-3 with -4.
WITHOUT recompiling your app.

   b) behavior with the new dll is the same or better than before (no
runtime misbehavior)

   c) you can easily recompile / relink your app when the new gdbm
package is installed. (Note: IF you are linking statically, you no
longer need -DGDBM_STATIC when compiling.  Just link with 'gcc -static')

If you are no longer using gdbm applications (some of these error
reports were pretty old) then just say that.  Or, if you have previously
determined that the issue was with external code (XEmacs?) and NOT a
gdbm problem, let me know that too.

Also (Godefroid) gdbm SHOULD work when the database files are on
text-mounted drives.  However, gdbm-in-ndbm-emulation-mode will continue
to NOT work on FAT drives; hardlinks not available there.

--Chuck