Re: How can I get Cygwin to see the NT ERRORLEVEL Environment Variable

Thank you Rick - this is most helpful - and exactly as needed.

With kind regards

Jon Belinfante

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Rick Rankin  |
|        |          <rick_rankin@|
|        |          yahoo.com>   |
|        |                       |
|        |          22/02/02     |
|        |          17:23        |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     Jon Belinfante/London/CWB@CWB, cygwin@cygwin.com      |
  |       cc:                                                           |
  |       Subject:     Re: How can I get Cygwin to see the NT ERRORLEVEL|
  |       Environment Variable                                          |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------|

ERRORLEVEL is a variable that is set and maintained by cmd.exe. The Cygwin
(actually bash) equivalent would be the variable $?, e.g.,

some_command param1 param2 ...
then
  # The command failed
fi

There are a number of possible variations on this syntax. The equivalent exists
for csh/tcsh, but I don't use any of the csh-like shells, so I don't know the
syntax off the top of my head.

--Rick

http://sports.yahoo.com