RE: Cygwin without installing (Offtopic)

> > Hi, i use and enjoy Cygwin in multiple windows platforms to
> run a linux
> > application on windows.
> > But i have a lot of times not enough space to install cygwin in the
> > hard disk of
> > my Pc's.
> > I would make a cygwin CD with all the cygwin arborescence and to
>                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm guessing that
> English isn't your first
> language and in no way am I trying to make fun of you or
> anything... but where
> did you find this word?!?!  In all my years as a passable
> native speaker, that
> sure is a new one on me!

I enjoyed that too.  Here's this bit from m-w.com:

Main Entry: ar·bo·re·tum
Pronunciation: "är-b&-'rE-t&m
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -retums or ar·bo·re·ta  /-'rE-t&/
Etymology: New Latin, from Latin, plantation of trees, from arbor
Date: 1838
: a place where trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants are cultivated for
scientific and educational purposes

I think he's referring to the source *tree*.

Daemian Mack