Re: cygwin!

DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional java developer

>There is exactly no advantage to using CMD.exe to
>initiate a Java SDK tool, or the Java interpreter of
>JRE.
I was under the impression that interacting with
java's BufferedReader, etc. from within a cygwin bash
shell was a Bad Idea because of different tty
handling or something. I casually read the thread a
while back, and I thought I'd run into the problem
before I switched to java on linux.

>I have no idea what a Java ".exe" file might be
Me either. :) That was my fault, it was a quick
suggestion to someone who emailed me off-list with a
cygwin java question. (Obviously not a bright idea.)
I should have said something like:

cmd /c "java javaprog.java"

but I don't even know if that would work since I've
only got a JDK on a linux machine right now.

> >--- "pramod m." <chintu@wam.umd.edu> wrote:
> > if i write a simple java program that uses a
> > BufferedReader reader object wrapped from
System.in
> > and then try to read a line from user and then
echo
> > it back, cygwin for some reason already has stuff
on