Re: cygwin gcc DLLs loaded by Visual C++ crashing - SOLVED

It surely doesn't matter if we aren't distributing our code to anyone other
than ourselves, otherwise you've probably got  millions of offenders of the
GPL.  We're only using cygwin to prototype some stuff, not to make any
viable product as it just isn't stable/reliable/secure enough unfortunately
(yet).  Its a brilliant environment for creativity and experimentation
though.

Give me a break, I will update the FAQ with a patch just as I did for the
DirectX/DirectDraw 8 stuff, if only for the knowledge that other people
don't have to go trawling through thousands of pages of out-dated advice
only to find none of it works (documentation karma). I'll also put that zip
file up on the page below. (it works for both gcc 2.95.3-5 and 3.0.3 by the
way)

We're still getting some problems (an exception) unloading the dll we
created, but only from within the Maya plugin. Apart from that it all seems
to work fine so far.  I think that problem has more to do with the way Maya
calls its plugins (as static modules in memory) and is unrelated to cygwin I
hope.

Best Regards

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com/personal/utils