Re: /usr/bin/env - Incorrect parsing of #! line?

> The problem looks to be that bash "helps out" the system
> by executing scripts beginning with #!.  In the source for
> bash, look in execute_cmd.c, line 3369.  Only one argument
> is allowed.  So e.g. #!/usr/bin/env perl -w becomes
> "/usr/bin/env" "perl -w"
> If I make a patch for this, should it go to the cygwin list?
> Should it just go to gnu.bash.bug and leave it at that?

Only if the kernel doesn't do it, as discovered by configure.
Virtually all Unices understand that executable format in the
kernel.  Cygwin does, too.

( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet)

Chet Ramey, CWRU    chet@po.CWRU.Edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/