RE: /usr/bin/env - Incorrect parsing of #! line?

> I think DG's and PJA's original assessment was correct and
> BASH should be modified. Support for cross-platform scripts
> is important, and the #!/bin/env trick is used frequently.

How is changing bash going to do anything?  The kernel takes
care of executing files with a `#!' magic number.  I presume
that the cygwin dll handles this.

There is an incompatibility between the linux kernel and other
Unices in the way they parse arguments after the interpreter
name, but that's not really bash's business.

Chet

( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet)

Chet Ramey, CWRU    chet@po.CWRU.Edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/