SSHD Windows authentication fails.

Hi !
I've compiled and started a sshd server using cygwin, but when i try to
log on, my userid validation fails and the debug says that
my password is invalid.
I logon using the synntax <domain>\<userid> and the sshd.exe is launched
from a command window(cmd.exe).
Any hints of what can be the problem ?
I supposed that cygwin had mapped the unix authentication to WinNT authentication,
but this perhaps is not the case.
Many thanks in advance !!
/