Re: setup.exe

Gareth Pearce wrote:

>> On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 06:31:01PM -0800, Michael wrote:
>> >Setup.exe seems to crash and burn rather ungracefully if setup.ini is
>> >missing it's timestamp and version lines at the top.
>>
>> Doctor, doctor!  It hurts when I do this...
>>
>> Luckily that will never be an issue for cygwin setup.
>>
>> cgf
>

> I assume this is a statement that rolling your own setup.ini for ease of
> private instalations is not supported.  Even though it seems to be a
> regually suggested as a thing to do.

Of course it's not supported per se(*) -- but it IS allowed.  Just don't
do it wrong: Doctor, it hurts when I leave the timestamp and version
lines out of my setup.ini.  Then make sure your custom version.in HAS
timestamp and version info.  Sheesh.

(*)Support implies some obligation on our part to make sure that your
intended use works.  We accept no such obligation -- our obligation is
to insure that the cygwin dist itself, as propagated on the mirror
system, works with our cygwin setup tool.  Period.

--Chuck