Re: Why not a news server?

I like the mailing list. I don't have a news server at work, so I
wouldn't be able to access a newsgroup like we are discussing. I have no
problem searching the mailing list archives with google- I wasn't aware
that there was a date at which the MLA were truncated- I have seen stuff
a few years back IIRC. I tried a different mailing list with a "digest
version" and it was awful- I won't try any digests any time soon, I
simply wipe out my cygwin-email folder when it gets around 1000 messages
and rely on the archives.

-Peter

Daniel Adams wrote:

> I will be the first one to make a comment of a NNTP server for hosting this
> group and possibly the other groups for Cygwin, isn't that after all what a
> NNTP group is designed for. I would be one to second Andrew's idea because
> of the idea that often times I am in need of searching about a certain idea
> in the archives and not only does it bring up the relative needed
> information, it also brings up stuff from many years back.
>
> Sincerely,
> Daniel Adams - dpa3@dana.ucc.nau.edu
> http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~dpa3
>
>   1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)-  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to
> serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

Your mouse has moved.
Reboot now?  [OK]