Re: gcc broken in 1.3.9 ?

At 10:11 AM 2/1/2002, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

>Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>
>>At 03:47 AM 2/1/2002, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>>
>>>Maybe you haven't installed the gcc or binutils package. To  bring
>>>everything back to normal just run again the setup.exe program and
>>>make sure you select both binutils and gcc packages. If the problem
>>>still persists you have to attach the output of the failing build
>>>and send it to the list.

>>Hm.  Unless something is broken or there was a cockpit error, installing
>>gcc should install binutils by default via setup.  Is this not the case?
>
>What if Phile left gcc in te skip state ?  Well maybe I've assumed too
>much :( Still I hope he will provide the output of the build.

That would be helpful.  Still, it's unclear how he has gcc and not binutils
if he skipped the gcc installation.  More information is needed about what
he installed and didn't install and how he installed it.  But this
information may prove academic.  Simply rerunning setup and installing
gcc, double-checking that binutils is installed too as part of this should
be all that's necessary to resolve the problem.  This is a specific
application of the very good rule of thumb "if you don't see it after the
first install, install again and make sure it's selected for installation".