Re: Heimdal 0.4e and Cygwin

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 12:53:22AM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hallo Nicolas,
>
> Am 2002-01-04 um 22:11 schriebst du:
>
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-otp ; make
>
> > Works, well, almost works.
>
> > The only serious problems appear to be:
>
> >  - Cygwin defines iruserok() in unistd.h but does not provide an
> >    implementation, therefore ./configure detects that iruserok() is
> >    missing and lib/roken/iruserok.c fails to compile because it
> >    redefines iruserok()!
>
> $ nm libutil.a | grep iruserok
> iruserok.o:
> 00000108 T _iruserok

Well, rshd.exe from Heimdal doesn't link. Must libutil be passed in the
gcc command line to the linker? Ah, most likely. Ok. So I'll have to add
a configure check for this.

Thanks for the tip. With this Heimdal should build with no
intervention on Cygwin.

> >    Cygwin needs a fix, if anything, but I'm not sure how to workaround
> >    this.  I worked around it by manually editing config.h and
> >    lib/roken/Makefile... The only thing that fails to build then is
> >    rshd.exe.
>
> >  - The same klist.exe binary in /tmp/heimdal-0.4e/kuser/klist.exe works,
> >    but, the *same* binary, located in /usr/local/bin/. Then again, if I
> >    copy klist.exe to /usr/bin/ it works.
>
> >    Cygwin is slowly making me crazy. Time to dig through the FAQs or the
> >    Cygwin lists... and I'm not finding anything.
>
> >    Is there something magical about /usr/local/ on Cygwin that prevents
> >    binaries I compile from working?
>
> No. Sounds strange.

Doesn't it?

I've configured/made/installed with --prefix=/usr/local and
/usr/heimdal. The latter works, the former doesn't (a dialog comes up
with the following error message:

"The procedure entry point ___progname could not be located in the
dynamic link library cygwin1.dll"

> Gerrit
> --
> =^..^=                                        mailto:gp@familiehaase.de

Cheers,

Nico
--
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
-and copy this message.-

related financial instruments.