Re: Reincarnation of "Permission denied running programs in other directories"

  Well, I think I just made a giant step in the solving of
this problem, but I still can't figure out what makes
certain executables spit out "Permission Denied" when run.

  As it turns out, if you'll notice in the makefile output
of my recent submission, the makefile makes use of
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/as.exe.

  The reason it would run at other times (including when in
the containing directory) is because the file being
executed is actually /usr/bin/as.exe. Since the makefile
specifically uses /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/as.exe, this one
is  run instead of the other one and thus this is the one
that "bombs" every time it's run.

  I hope this helps someone figure out the problem!

=====
Sincerely,
  Aaron J. Outhier
  garlicsalt2@yahoo.com