cygwin and XP

Is cygwin known to have troubles with XP?

Here is my issue: I run setup.exe from cygwin.com, all my packages are
downloaded, I get a message that says mount completed successfully, and
then setup disappears.  If I re-run setup and try to install from my hard
drive (using the packages that were all downloaded, apparently
successfully), the same thing happens: mount completes successfully, and
then everything quits.

Also, is there a quick way to select all packages from setup?  It gets
tedious switching off all the "Skip" lines, especially when I'm installing
from my hard drive.

If there were a way of installing things manually, but not individually,
that would be fine too.

Thanks

Matt