Re: GPL Violation - VCDImager

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 10:26:46AM +0100, Andrew Markebo wrote:
> Isn't a link to cygwin.com enough?? Not much mentioned around it, but
> I saw it on the html-pages :-) Ahh under platforms..

No, it's not enough.  The license is clear.  If you provide a binary
Cygwin you'll have to provide the sources for that exact version on
your distribution medium, too.  If somebody packages something up
with a binary Cygwin 1.1.8, where should the user get the sources
for that version?  Not on our web or ftp pages, at least.  That's the
reason the sources have to be packed up, too.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.