Re: Font size and color for rxvt

Rotaiv,

This has now acquired the status of a perennial question, so searching the
archives will yield several informative messages. Also, if you read the man
page, then you must not have read it very carefully, because it's quite
clear about setting the fonts. It won't explain the funkiness with some
fonts and scaling and whatnot, but the mail messages and some
experimentation will bring you up to speed with that.

Here's an invocation I use in a Taskbar shortcut:

'D:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -g 120x99+732+0 -bg #000055 -fg #eeeeee -fn "Lucida
Console-11" -sr -sl 5000 -vb -e /bin/bash --login -i"

Here's another:
"D:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -g 120x91+853+0 -bg #000055 -fg #eeeeee -fn "Andale
Mono-12" -sr -sl 5000 -vb -e /bin/bash --login -i"

(You'll need a screen in 1600x1200 resolution for these sizes and positions
to work and fairly good vision, if my coworkers' constant squinting is any
indication.)

The Andale version crams a lot of text in a given bit of screen real
estate, but the Andale font is not included with Windows (at least through
2000, I don't know about XP). It is available by no-cost download from
Microsoft. You'll find information about this in the mail archives, too.

Good luck.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA