Re: Compiling openldap 2.0.18...

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 01:49:15PM -0600, Kent Perrier wrote:
>
>>I am attempting to compile openldap (duh) and the configure fails
>>because I either don''t have a POSIX regex (which I cannot understand,
>>since I have reinstalled the POSIX regex library to make sure I had it)
>>or it is "broken."  At least that is what configure tells me. Since I
>>saw a post to the list in October the 2.0.15 was compiled correctly I
>>assumed that 2.0.18 would as well.  Is there anything special that I
>>need to do to get it to work?
>>

> Most if not all configure scripts expect the POSIX regex functionality
> in the standard libs.  Therefore you'll have to add another check to
> configure.in which checks for a regex lib.  See the OpenSSH configure.ac
> file for details.

So, I need to download the OpenSSH source to find this?  Its not a
problem, but its a kluge to have to do this.  I assume that there is a
good reason for the POSIX regex functionality not being in the standard
libs.  Can you enlighten me as to the reason?

Kent
--
'My Fellow Americans, Let's Roll'

       -- President George W. Bush