Re: procmail on cygwin

In the future, please post to cygwin@cygwin.com instead of sending
private email, so others can benefit too.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 10:32:56AM -0700, C. Porter Bassett wrote:
> Did I understand from some of your cygwin posts that you have procmail
> working with cygwin?

Yes.

> If so, would you be willing to help me set it up on my machine?

You can find a pre-built procmail at:

    http://www.dd.iij4u.or.jp/~madokam/

Otherwise, you can try my attached build recipe.  Note the following:

    1. You will need BIND installed to build procmail -- search the
       archives for the Cygwin BIND patch.
    2. Building procmail under Cygwin is a little touchy.  Sometimes I
       have to restart the make part to get the build to complete.
    3. You will be prompted during the make part -- this is indicated by
       "# <CR> /usr/sbin/ssmtp".

I use fetchmail to retrieve my mail.  Since fetchmail defaults to using
procmail as its MDA, no extra setup is required.

Jason
--- Begin Message ---
mv INSTALL INSTALL.txt
apply autoconf patch
make LN=cp # <CR> /usr/sbin/ssmtp
make BASENAME=/tmp/procmail/usr/local BINS='new/procmail.exe new/lockfile.exe new/formail.exe new/mailstat' install