RE: dll_list::load_after_fork() blues (was Re: [ python-Bugs-489709 ] Building Fails ...)

Robert Collins writes:

> [...]

FWIW
I just tried patching Cygwin's dlopen() function to always rebase dll's
on loading with a 'slightly hacked to force rebasing' version of
niftyload.cpp
< available from http://thecodeproject/dll/niftyload.asp >
and got the same errors as Jason reported in his original message.

  C:\home\jtishler\src\PythonCvs\nothreads\python.exe: *** unable to remap
C:\cygwin\bin\cygssl.dll to same address as parent -- 0x1A2F0000
          0 [main] python 852 sync_with_child: child 2772(0x158) died before
initialization with status code 0x1
        996 [main] python 852 sync_with_child: *** child state child loading
dlls
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "test2.py", line 4, in ?
        pid = os.fork()
    OSError: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

The author of the code states that the base address is chosen the wrong way.
"Rebased dll's should start from the top of address space and work down"

BTW
If it isn't obvious I know next to nothing about dll rebaseing issues

Cheers

Norman