Re: why does cygwin default security setup give EVERYONE access everywhere?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Collin Grady" <cgrady@willamette.edu>
To: "Gene C. Ruzicka" <gcruzicka@earthlink.net>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: why does cygwin default security setup give EVERYONE access
everywhere?

>      Just a thought, but try setting the CYGWIN environment variable to
> contain ntsec, that should make it follow NT security settings, if I'm not
> mistaken.
>      Hope this helps,

but this only perpetuates the problem i'm trying to solve. you see,  access
by
everyone, everywhere IS the NT (actually Windows 2000) security setting;
but i want to change that, not have cygwin ratify it.  btw, i did set ntsec,
and
not surprisingly, it didn't change things at all.  my sense is that for user
foo,
i'm going to have to create a directory C/cygwin/home/foo, and assign the
user
full access to this directory, and read/execute access to
other pertinent cygwin files.  then, setting cygwin = ntsec would
make cygwin follow these settings--i hope.