Re: cygwin 1.3.6-3 and xemacs

    >>> I don't think I mentioned that I thought it would fix xemacs.

    Charles> No, somebody on the xemcs list said "cygwin-xxxx fixes this other
    Charles> problem in bash related to cygdrive.  MAYBE it also fixes our xemacs
    Charles> problem which is related to cygdrive.  Can somebody check?"

    Charles> And somebody DID check -- and reported "Nope, doesn't fix it"

At least in

 o XEmacs 21.4 (patch 5) "Civil Service" [Lucid] (i686-pc-cygwin, Mule) of Sat Nov 24 2001 on VZELL

with cygwin 1.3.6-4

and the folloing mount table everthing works fine:

> mount -p
Prefix              Type         Flags
/                   system       binmode

(Yes I know it's not recommended ...)

> mount
C:\gnu on /gnu type system (binmode)
D:\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
D:\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C: on /dev/c type system (binmode)
D: on / type system (binmode)
e: on /e type system (binmode,noumount)
f: on /f type system (binmode,noumount)