Configuring OpenSSH 3.0.1p1

Hi --

    I'm working on a new version of Shaolin Secure FTP
(http://www.shaolinsecureftp.com/).  I downloaded the newest port of
OpenSSH: openssh-3.0.1p1-2, and I'm having trouble configuring it
correctly for my purposes.

    What are my purposes, you ask?  I need to get sftp to work
all by itself -- *outside* the cygwin environment; I need to get sftp.exe
to invoke ssh.exe in the current directory.  I received instructions on
how to do this for openssh-2.9p1-2 back in June (see:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-06/msg00044.html) via:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/sbin
        --with-pcre

... but this unfortunately does not work anymore.  =\  sftp.exe still
wants to exec '/bin/ssh.exe'.

    What do I need to do to make everything happy again?  Thanks in
advance.

    - Joe Testa

P.S. If anyone checked out Shaolin in the past, please send your comments and
suggestions to me via e-mail or http://www.shaolinsecureftp.com/feedback.html.

"Those who desire to give up Freedom
in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one."

                       -- Thomas Jefferson