Re: rm -rf dir/foo hangs on mvfs

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 02:16:17PM -0500, Peter Buckley wrote:
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-05/msg01202.html
>
>I found this message in my search of the archives- I didn't see anything
>in the rm or cygwin changelog, but did Chris figure out a solution to
>this? I seem to be having the problem with cygwin/rm 1.3.2-1, 1.3.3-2,
>and 1.3.5-3. We are using Rational Clearcase MVFS, and "rm -rf" hangs
>for over 48 hours sometimes.

I rewrote that section of code some time ago.  There is no possibility
of a hang from that situation anymore.  There used to be an unbounded
for loop, I believe.

If there is a problem it is probably unrelated and will require
debugging, via gdb, strace, or whatever.  (I'm not volunteering to look
at an strace, btw)

I don't have Rational Clearcase, so I really can't help here.

cgf