Re: New Install May Have a Bug

Stephano Mariani wrote:

> I and my colleagues share the opinion that the setup should include an
> option to install ALL the packages with or without source automatically...

> It is a huge pain to manually go through all the packages selecting them
> repeatedly

Yes, we know.  This is already on the wishlist.

> since the most recent version isn't always the first to appear.

This is a confirmed misfeature, and fixing it is on the wishlist.

> Perhaps a suggestion made earlier on this list by someone whose name i have
> forgotten could be implemented: The setup could be controlled on the
> commandline too perhaps with a filename as an argument. The file could
> contain all the options required.

Yep, AFAIK this is still being developed.

Ya know, if you provided patches to implement your desired
functionality, it'd probably get into the official setup.exe
faster...Robert can't do everything by himself...

--Chuck