RE: Cygwin make wants stdin != 0

This didn't work; all I got was "The handle could not be opened during
redirection of handle 0."

I did some more digging, and found that the problem disappeared when I
reverted the cygwin package to 1.3.2-1 (all other packages staying current,
notably bash 2.05a-2 and make 3.79.1-5) and returned when I upgraded it to
1.3.4-3 (then next version I have in my \latest directory).  I have the
source for 1.3.2-1 and 1.3.4-4, so I'll see what changed and whether the
changelog has any clues.

Chris