Re: gdb trouble

And some more that caught my eye:
http://www.microsoft.com/msj/defaultframe.asp?page=/msj/0399/hood/hood03
99.htm&nav=/msj/0399/newnav.htm
Is an article about .dbg file formats - not written my MS, and includdes
references to pdb.
It also has a handy file cvinfo.h which is the header required to
manipulate codeview 4 data.

MSDN returns a hit on COFFTOCV.C which does what it says.

http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2001/08/0106.html
based on the info from the above header!

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q121/3/66.asp

These folk appear to be able to generate Codeview data (which is what is
in pdb files).
http://www.digitalmars.com/faq.html
and http://www.digitalmars.com/bibliography.html (see CV4)

Wine has/had pdb partial support
http://www.winehq.com/News/1999-49.html

http://www.tbcnet.com/~clive/vcomwinp.html
has a dumppe that understands codeview

http://www.rdbooks.com/store/products/rd2364.htm is an old book - maybe
there is a newer version with CV4 info?

http://www.wotsit.org/
is a useful site on file formats - nothing there, but if you ask, maybe
they know where to find it.

Codeview is also known as CV4 - a earch on that might help.
MSDN spat out this:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q194/9/21.ASP
which has some partial info on the Codeview format.

http://www.jorgon.freeserve.co.uk/GobugHelp/Symbolic.htm
isn't really helpful, butmay be of interest

Lastly, MSDN CD roms do have the Specification (CV5.0 Symbolic Debug
Information) But I'm afraid to open it :]. Perhaps someone you know can
create a clean room spec for you.

Rob

===