Re: cygrunsrv sshd fails: Some clues

Hi,

> Have you tried starting the service as another user?
> the rights detailed in /usr/doc/cygwin/inetutils-x-x-x.README, and

I cannot give "increase quotas" right, as I do not find that on my XP box. I
have given logon as service, act as part of the operating system, and
replace process level token. The account is member of the admin group.

I can manually start sshd this way (haven't tried a reboot yet as I am at
work and a reboot would kill the Internet connection of the home machine). I
cannot, however, log in to sshd. Event log has two entries:

/usr/sbin/sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0xC90 : Cygwin Process Id = 0xC90 :
fatal: setuid 1003: Not owner.
/usr/sbin/sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0xAA4 : Cygwin Process Id = 0xAA4 :
fatal: Write failed: errno ESHUTDOWN triggered.

Okay ... what else needs to be changed, other than permissions on an
account, to start sshd not as system?

Cheers
Shawn

http://www.gmx.net