Re: Unix/DOS text mode?

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 01:20:59AM -0600, Joshua wrote:
>     Hmm, I've noticed this difference between the PC version of vim/gvim
> versus the vim that comes with cygwin.  Using the PC version, vim/gvim seems
> to be able to tell whether you're opening a unix file or a PC file and
> display/edit appropriately.
>
>     I tried copying my _vimrc from my PC installation to .vimrc in my home
> directory, but that doesn't do the trick.  I figured it was either a switch
> in vimrc or something to do with the mounts themselves.  BCNU//jle

The Cygwin vim has the same ability to recognize Unix/DOS files
as the Windows native version.  After a discussion with Bram Moolenaar
he decided not to add that recognition to the vim script files
as .vimrc.  These files must be in binary mode on Cygwin regardless
of the bin/textmode of the underlying mount point.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.