rxvt is broken? mutt ssh inetd mt problems

Did the latest release (downloaded today) break rxvt?  I try running it now
and a window pops up and dies immediately.  The rxvt executable wasn't changed.

Also running inetd pops a window for the inetd process.  I was running
inetd through a shell using run and that put it in the background.  I never
have been able to use cygrunsrv - I'm on a Win98 platform, I'm assuming
that's why.

Mutt has never worked for me either, giving a missing cygwin5.dll
error.  I've actually created a mail program using something called
MailListBot through a shell, but if there is a cygwin way to mail I'd like
to use that...

Also, has anyone ever gotten ssh to work on Win98?

Also, I'm trying to run mt with a remote tape drive on linux using the syntax:
mt -f <hostname>:/dev/st0 and I get a no such file or directory error.  Is
this not working, not working for Win98, or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks in advance.