rsync broken?

Hello,

I have this problem since weeks. I got a win98 box and the entire cygwin 1.3.5
distro installed. I want to use rsync.

I open cywgin.exe and create my script in vi:

#! /bin/sh

rsync -avz --exclude "ARCHIVES.gz" \
--exclude "full-names/" \
--exclude "beo1/" \
--exclude "ham1/" \
--exclude "han1/" \
--exclude "j1/" \
--exclude "j2/" \
--exclude "zq1/" \
--include "*" rpmfind.net::linux/SuSE-Linux/i386/7.3 /suse/i386/

I then run

$ mkdir -p /suse/i386
$ chmod +x rsync.sh
$ ./rsync.sh

It contacts the rsync server and finds it. It downloads the synchronization
file and then starts syncing with a variety of folders and some files.

BUT it always stops after around 50 items which swoosh by my screen. It never
goes beyond that. I had the same problem with a debian rsync mirror. Running
the same scripts on a Linux box works perfectly.

Why does rsync quit after a while in Win? Is there a known problem? Basically
rsync in cygwin doesn't work for me. It's unusable and I like to know why.

Thanks,

mk