Re: inetd problem on NT

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 07:14:30PM -0500, Michael Xue wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed the lastest cygwin, set up/ran the inetd according to the inetutils document.
> When I trid to telnet to my NT, it failed and the event view says
>
> The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( inetd ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): inetd : Win32 Process Id = 0x9F : Cygwin Process Id = 0x9F : /etc/inetd.conf: No such file or directory.
>
> Looks like inetd does not understand the mount points.
>
> Can anyone give me a pointer? Thanks

Two pointers, both from /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README:

- Before starting any program, be aware that all neccessary configuration
  files in /etc have to be generated first! Call

	iu-config

  once after you installed the inetutils the first time. That
  generates some files: [...]

- No user mount point is valid anymore! You have to install all
  your mount points in the system mount table. This doesn't
  change after you have logged in to a normal user account eg.
  via telnet/rlogin. [...]

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.