Re: indent.exe strangeness

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 08:45:48AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:

>===

Well, *I* care if a system which purports to emulate linux outputs
text files with CRLF line endings with no way to control this.

I would think that someone who is using binmode defaults would prefer
that their files not be translated from LF to CRLF line endings.  That
would bypass the whole point of the mount settings.  It would mean
that if you were trying to share files with UNIX, you'd have to
run the files through a "strip the CR" converter.

Maybe you could say the same thing for people who have text files in
MS-DOS format.  I'm sure that there is some other bit of crucial
software out there that croaks unless it is fed a text file with CRLF
endings but it is certainly not going to be a UNIX program.

As I said, the last I heard this was only an issue for notepad.
Although, I will admit to the horrifying possibility that it is all
versions of notepad, not just older versions.

cgf