Re: AW: libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linke d to dll's

Peter Ring wrote:

> Are there any advantages to any of these?

Robert Collins' version is hacked to use the auto-import capabilities of
newer binutils.  No __declspec(dll[im? ex?]port) worries.

But it's a fork from the official version.  Eventually this will get folded
back into the "real" libtool.

> Are there any advantages to building libtool from the 1.4.2 source?

Dunno.

> Will libtool become part of the standard distribution?

Probably.

> Are we waiting for autoconf/automake/libtool to become a bit more
> stable?

We're waiting for:

1) the new setup (check!)
2) the end of the no-new-packages moratorium (check!)
3) the autoconf 2.13/2.52 automake 1.4p5/1.5 harmonization
    3a) -src packaging standard...see cgywin-apps@ over the last week
4) Gary Vaughan (GNU libtool maintainer) to fold Robert's changes into the
"real" libtool

#4 is going to take some time, because Gary's got a new book coming out so
time is at a premium.  Therefore, there's little hurry for #3, but we're
a-workin' on it.

--Chuck