Re: setup.exe suggestions

---- Original Message -----
From: "Le Chat Noir" <tergiversator@softhome.net>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 4:10 AM
Subject: setup.exe suggestions

> Hi,
>
> firstly, forgive me for mentioning anything that's already been said,
I don't read the mailing list, I just wanted to give feedback/make a
suggestion to the Cygwin dev team.

> With setup.exe, there are two small, obvious features missing which
would streamline it even further:

> 1) Remember the last setting for all choices, up until and including
mirror.

Added to the wishlist.

> 2) A way to quickly select/deselect all packages; I went to make a
bare Cygwin installation, and deselecting almost every package was
v.tiresome!

This does not make sense long term. Consider conflicting packages (ie a
SSL mutt and a non-SSL mutt). We will eventually be unable to have all
packages installed. So selecting all is not useful. Also, with
dependencies, you dont' need to select all packages to have cygwin
supported here. Simlpy pick the package you want, and everything it
needs will come in automatically.

Rob