Re: How do I figure out why LogonUserA is failing?

At 09:59 AM 11/13/2001, Mark Paulus wrote:
>So,
>
>If I understand this little diddy, one shouldn't just up and do a
>"login root"?  If that is the case, then what does one do to "become"
>another user?  I have gotten it to work by telnetting back to my machine
>and logging in as root that way, but that is rather "klunky", in my opinion.
>However, if that is the ONLY way to do it, then so be it.  It should be
>documented as such, though.....

Corinna's explanation indicates that rlogin would work as well, if that
seems less "klunky" to you.

I believe that it's David's and Corinna's intention to document this
issue in the FAQ.  Since David maintains the FAQ and does it in a notably
timely manner, I think you'll see something here soon.