Re: inetd on win95

On Fri, 09 Nov 2001, joerg eichhorn wrote:

> i've installed cygwin (vers. infos i prov.d erlier), started iu-config.
> after that standard services in /etc/inetd.conf should work.
> so i have tried:
> $ /usr/sbin/inetd
> as described in /usr/doc/cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.readme. ps showed me
> that inetd was running. so i've tried to connect from other machine:
> $ telnet 10.0.0.4
> trying 10.0.0.4...
> connected to 10.0.0.4.
> escape character is '^]'.

> after "escape character is '^]'." nothing went further (i think login
> should appear at this point)

I was having the same no-login-prompt-on-connecting problem with
inetd on W98SE, but now I get the login: and password: prompts
and ftp, telnet and rsh servers are OK. I'm very happy.
Everything started working around the time I downloaded the
latest version, 1.3.2-15 of inetutils.

But this may be coincidental, because problems I had running rsh
also went away for a while but have since come back again.
Perhaps it was one of the many other password- and user-changing
things I did.  And I had gotten a password prompt once and rsh
worked at least one time before installing 1.3.2-15.

--
Greg Matheson
Chinmin College, Taiwan