Re: SSHD config

At 11/09/2001  04:21 PM, VSpace wrote:

>and then it came back that there was no config file in /etc/rc ? I am now
>stumped. I poked around in /etc and there are no subdirectories at all. Did
>I miss something?

I just went through the same experience with the "other / hacked" version
of sshd.  I used the following web site as a guide and I was able to
successfully install cygwin and openssh:

http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-ssh.asp

To answer your question, the above web site states you should also run the
following commands:

# Create the files I think you are missing
ssh-host-config -y

# Install as a service
cygrunsrv -I sshd -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a '-D' -d 'Cygwin SSHD'

# Change default security permissions (NTFS only)
chown system.system /etc/ssh_host*_key
chmod 600 /etc/ssh_host*_key

# Create files for each user
ssh-user-config -y -p ''

# Start the service
cygrunsrv -S sshd

I executed all the above commands and my installation worked just fine.

rotaiv.