Re: Need help on setting up make utility !

These questions aren't really cygwin related, and are somewhat off topic
for this list. Once you are finished reading the entire FAQ, users
guide, and documentation at cygwin.com (and have searched the cygwin
mailing list with google.com) I recommend going to

http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html

This website has manuals make and for the bash shell, which should help
get you started on creating a .bashrc file. It probably has a manual for
every cygwin utility.

I also recommend searching the internet (I prefer google.com) to find
out how to write shell scripts. There is so much information on these
questions that you are asking, it should take just a few minutes to find
many useful webpages, and many hours to learn and put it to use.

If you have installed cygwin per the instructions at cygwin.com, make
will "just work". But to "setup" the make utility to build for java,
that will require some careful consideration- many java developers
prefer ANT for java, because make has trouble with the nature of some
java dependencies.

HTH,
Peter

raj.x.kovvali@verizon.com wrote:

> Hi
> I need help or documentation on setting up make utility on winNT using
> cygwin. I use the java programming language.
>
> Thanks
> Raj
>

> --

Your mouse has moved.