RE: 1.3.4: rxvt causes tcsh to exit when resized (nt)

> Any attempt to resize the rxvt window while at the tcsh prompt will
> cause the window to disappear.

When an rxvt window is resized, the process running in it receives a
SIGWINCH. (This is reasonable; it's what SIGWINCH is for.)

Sending SIGWINCH to a running tcsh process causes it to exit. This
would seem to be the problem.

You can see the signal by setting up a signal handler. For example,
in bash, "kill -l" reports that SIGWINCH is signal 28, so:

    trap "echo caught SIGWINCH" 28

(And of course, you send SIGWINCH to a running tcsh process with
"kill -WINCH <process id>".)

I would think, just off the top of my head, that the fact that
SIGWINCH causes tcsh to exit is a bug.

Regards,
Andrew.

Brandon Phillips wrote:
> Cygwin 1.3.4-4 under Windows XP. rxvt 2.7.2-6, tcsh 6.10.00-3.
> Default shell set to tcsh in /etc/passwd. rxvt invoked via a batch
> file calling "bash --login -i -c rxvt".

> Any attempt to resize the rxvt window while at the tcsh prompt will
> cause the window to disappear. Starting bash, running another copy
> of tcsh and then attempting to resize reveals that it is causing
> tcsh to exit gracefully (the text "exit" is printed as if it had
> been entered as a command). Perhaps tcsh is incorrectly
interpreting

=====
Andrew McRae  <anm@pobox.com>