Re: Setup use on win2k - a me too ...

Due to the fact that recompiling to latest cvs appears to have fixed the
problem misteriously ... already ... I was not supprised that adding those
lines produced
site: ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/sourceware/cygwin
get_url_to_string ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/sourceware/cygwin/setup.ini
ftp > 220 PlanetMirror FTP server ready.
FTP command is USER anonymous
ftp > 331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your
password.
ftp > 230-
ftp >   Welcome to the FTP archives at planetmirror.com.   You
ftp >   can also access these via a web interface reachable from:
ftp >

notice that the log records the 220 before the USER...
the log from the time where it consumed memory evilly, it recorded x  as the
first thing after the get_url_to_string...

so I would guess that the bug stems previous to that...

On a completely different topic, since there is no downloads allowed from
redhat for apps, would it make sense to delay 'announce' messages until at
least the most frequent mirrors have updated? - I almost went and posted
asking where inetutils update was, until I realised this was the probably
reason and I shouldnt waste anyones time...

Regards,
Gareth Pearce