gdb questions

Hi everyone,

I'm migrating several programs from Watcom 10.5 to gcc compiler. I'm
using gdb to debug some code and have two quetions.

1)   When I run gdb following information appears:

C:\WINNT\system32>gdb -nw
GNU gdb 5.0 (20010428-1)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin".
      0 [main] gdb 924 init_cygheap::etc_changed: Can't open /etc for
checking,
Win32 error 50
(gdb)

I think this is a configuration issue, but I don't know what to check.
I'd need a hint.

2) I'm trying to run gdb.exe to debug a program with several parameters.

I've seen there is an option, set argvs, inside gdb command line to this
purpose. But in order to automatize the process I'd like to know if
there's any gdb command line option or any config file where I can add
these parameters. I haven't seen any.

Thanks in advance, Ignasi Villagrasa.