Beta setup.exe, src checkbox and "new" column

Hi All:

Just got some feedback from one of my program managers. He didn't
realize that the column labeled "New" was actually specifying what
actions to take and he checked the src column thinking (reasonably)
that it was used to select the package. Maybe changing the name for
the New column to Action or something else would help make it more
obvious that that column has some functionality.

I thnk this may be a common response for newbies. To guard against it
I have one other idea. Can clicking on the src column for the first
time pop up a message box that reads:

   You have selected to download the source code for this package.
   If you only want to download the program and not the source, you
   should click on the Action column entry to the left of the Src?
   column. Do you want to download the source? (If you answer yes,
   this popup will not ever occur again.)

                   [Yes]   [No]

and then select src only if the person clicks on yes. Granted this
will require a bit of extra state to be kept, but I think it will help
newbies with a possible issue in the interface since it is somewhat
different from most selection interfaces.

This sure beats changing the somewhat cryptic "Src?" header to
"Download Source".

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard