Re: setup testers wanted

I didn't say I was going to test, but here are my
thoughts:

I found a bug:
When clicking back and forth to expand or collapse
categories, the scrollbar sometimes disappears. (It
still works, just can't see it.) To reproduce, try
this: expand "libs", then scroll down so that "libs"
is on the upmost viewable line. Now collapse "libs".
The scrollbar disappears, but you can't see "admin",
"archive", etc. unless you click in the blank space
where the scrollbar should be.

Also, this pertains to what I say below, but
shellutils really ought to be in "base" so
/etc/profile can do $(id -un)

---STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT A FEATURE
REQUEST---
Shouldn't everything in "base" be installed by
default, at least the first time?

I also don't like several things about the packages as
organized in setup.ini
First, there are extra or confusing categories system
which we can do without. For example:

1. What is the difference between "net" and "web"?
wget is apparently a "web" program, while openssh
(including clients) is "net"? Combine the categories.
2. The "shells" category is superfluous. ash and base
are part of "base" and sh-utils probably should be.
One can get by fine without rxvt or tcsh, but unless
someone is porting zsh, pdksh, etc they'd not be too
much.
3. What makes clear a "utils"? Since when are tar,
cpio, and bzip2 not involved in "archive"? Also put
patch in devel, and dump the rest in base. Or call it
"misc" if that's what it is.
4. I would love more documentation packages, but just
newlib-man doesn't cut it. Put it in devel.
f. Unless those man pages in base are preformatted (in
which case they should be in catx, not manx), it's not
going to do a lot of good without groff.

Second, I liked Earnie Boyd's definition of a "base"
system

though you now need ncurses and gettext as well to use
vim. This will get newbies up and running instead of
"I installed everything in 'base', but I can't find
any [text editor|pager|awk]"

Lastly, I think the description of rxvt is misleading.
It sounds like you need X11, and doesn't highlight at
all it's small size or that it can replace the DOS
window.

I'd love to help with organizing a better heirarchy.