Re[2]: setup testers wanted

Thursday, 01 November 2001, 15:41:05, you wrote:

RC> On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 10:29, Robert Collins wrote:
>> On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 05:09, S. Cowles wrote:

>> > doesn't exhibit all of the text for the ssmtp module and 3) selecting
>> > source for a dozen or so modules never gave the tickbox option of
>> > downloading source.

>> 3) Thanks - this is a definite bug.

RC> On deeper inspection, I can't make this happen. If the package set to
RC> "keep", then src is n/a. If you click on keep until it becomes "source"
RC> you will download the source. Or if you choose to reinstall or install a
RC> different version than the current the source tickbox can be selected.

RC> Is this the same behaviour you see?

RC> I suspect from your feedback that this is non-intuitive... If you've got
RC> any insight into _why_ this confused you (ie the change from the current
RC> setup, the lack of visual hints or explanation... :]) please speak up.

RC> If this is not the same behaviour, can you detail how to get the
RC> behaviour you saw?

Yes, I think it is confusing.  On the one hand, there is an option under
the "New" heading for retrieve which then opens a checkbox under the
"Src" heading.  I assume clicking the checkbox retrieves source only?
Right now, it appears to retrieve both source and binaries.  My question
then becomes, what function does the "source" option (under "New")
provide?

Next, the functionality of checkboxes under the "Src" heading appears to
be the "Do it" action.  Is this correct?  Would the "Src" heading be
better renamed to "Do it?"?

Cheers,

scowles@earthlink.net