mysql-3.23.43 binary available

***************
*** WARNING ***
***************
This is the first build of mysqld on cygwin and it is not much
tested, in fact this is a testversion and you are the tester.
This is a very alpha quality package.  I had some crashes in
two days and there are still some problems with threads and also
something socket related.  So, after building 'make test' fails 100%,
but the server is running occasionally and serving.
So please feel free to test it and report back if you see problems.
I'm not used to use mysql so I cannot say if its behaviour is good
or bad, if it stable or unstable, if it is fast or slow, so please
also report back if there are no problems;)
***************
*** WARNING ***
***************

If you still like to evaluate this package, go ahead:

It is available here:
http://timtowtdi.multimania.com/cygwin/database/
as 1.   mysql-3.23.43-pc-cygwin-i586.tar.gz     3.95 MB
or 2.   mysql-3.23.43-pc-cygwin-i586.tar.bz2    3.21 MB

The binaries are up now, the patch to the sources and my buildscript
will be there too, probably in in a few minutes, the source is still
uploading and the ftp-server there in France is pretty much dam***,
kicks me out every five minutes so it will be a fight to put 11 MB
up there.

It unpacks (with: 1. 'tar zxvf name.tar.gz' or 2. 'tar xvjf name.tar.bz2')
in its own subdirectory called mysql-3.23.43-pc-cygwin-i586.
You may rename it or not as you like, then after unpacking change
to the new created subdirectory (cd mysql-3.23.43-pc-cygwin-i586) and
1. read the manual
2. read the manual
3. read the manual
4. now you may run ./configure

This 'configure' does only set up the base grant tables and
starts the server with the './bin/safe_mysqld' script which is
the wrapper so you will never be able to kill the server;)

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstraße 326-328