Re: failed to compile cygwin <<Scan Mail hat keinen Virus gefunden>>

Hallo felix,

2001-10-29 19:39:49, du schriebst:

> the compiling of cygwin-1.3.3-2 has been performed
> with the script you gave me "cygwin-build"

> but after making cygwin-build build
> and cygwin-build Install the libary "libcygwin.a" keept unchanged,
> also my testprogram wasn't affected from my patch i wrote in
> newlib/ctype which is enhanching character recognition above the
> character value 0x80 so what is still wrong???

With this build script the installation target dir is somewhere below
your builddir called 'inst/usr' or similar (you may set it where you
like it to be at the top of the script, maybe /tmp/cygwin/usr).

You should delete $instprefix/usr/lib/libm.a .../libg.a .../libc.a
and make symlinks to libcygwin then:
cd $instprefix/usr/lib/
rm libm.a libc.a libg.a
ln -s libcygwin.a libm.a
ln -s libcygwin.a libc.a
ln -s libcygwin.a libg.a

You may look at the buildscript there is an option 'package', modify it
if needed (no dejagnu built?) and pack the installed binaries, headers
and libs (-> cygwin-build package) and copy/move the packages to '/'.
Unpack them.  It will fail to unpack cygwin1.dll because it is in use.
You need to terminate all cygwin processes (services, shells, ...) and
copy cygwin1.dll from the installation directory to x:\cygwin\bin, to
clear memory you should reboot your machine now.

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstraße 326-328