Re: gdb crash examining "this" in C++

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Michael D. Crawford wrote:

> I have a repeatable crash in my program using gdb to debug a C++ program.  The
> crash happens when I view local variables, then click the "+" symbol to expand
> the view of "this".
>
> When I select "Local Variables" from the View menu, the stack window pops up and
> shows the stack where my program is located.

The problem is in gdb's varobj.c: it is incapable of handling c++ right
now. I don't know why this is an issue all of a sudden. My only guess is
that gdb hadnles the v3 abi a little differently.

I am currently trying to get patches through gdb, but it is turning out to
be a major chore.

May I suggest you watch for updates to varobj.c in gdb's repository or
peeking for posts to gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com which involve
varobj.c?

If you're really desparate, I could send you my patches, for a small
handling fee of $5,000. Ok, maybe just some testing. O:-) Email me
privately if you'd like to be a guinea pig for this.

Keith